Sunday, February 27, 2011

Pic of the Week

Not LOVING my OPTIONS this week. It's definately getting HARDER to come up with PICTURE ideas...mainly because by the time I get off work I'm too tired to be CREATIVE. I'm hoping when the WEATHER gets nicer I will feel more like getting OUTSIDE. I think I've taken PICTURES of just about EVERYTHING in my house. I CHOSE this picture because, #1 it's fairly SHARP and #2 it reminded me of the STORY by O. Henry "THE LAST LEAF" - it's still HANGING on dispite all the WIND and WEATHER we have had.
There's not much to WRITE about this WEEK. Much of my FREE time was spent PAINTING the spare BEDROOM a new shade of GREEN. I painted it last year in ANTICIPATION of getting the ROOM all put together, but it's TAKEN almost a YEAR and since that time I DECIDED I wasn't LOVING the COLOR so much. It's DEFINATELY a lot SOFTER color now...which I LOVE. The WINDOW has been measured for SHUTTERS, this week I will pick out CARPET and I think we'll be DONE! Yea...one more room DONE upstairs...4 more to go! We won't even talk about the BASEMENT at this point.


OLD SHADE (THIS WAS A LOT BRIGHTER ON THE WALLS)


NEW SHADE (LIKING THIS A LOT BETTER)


So what's your THOUGHTS on carpet COLOR? I was all set to go with a BROWN to match my wood floors...but now I'm kind of thinking an OLIVE green color? Not sure if it will be too much green.

I'm looking FORWARD to this week and my PHOTO opps. BROCK'S birthday is Thursday, so I will be picking him up on Wednesday for his PHOTO shoot, hopefully it will be GOOD weather. I'm thinking of taking him to the TRAIN station...and I'm HOPING there won't be too many SILLY faces!

BUSY month with LOTS of BIRTHDAY'S = PICTURES...PICTURES...PICTURES!

3 comments:

  1. Ooooooo, Like the new wall color A LOT. Good job. I think olive or brown would both look good. I guess I would lean toward brown, but your decisions are always good ones. (I guess except the first green paint color. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I really like that color too. I vote against Olive. I think that the proximity of St. Patty's is having an impact on you. Too much green. But what do I know? Correct....nothing.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think brown but I think you would probably be safe doing the opposite of whatever I say.

    ReplyDelete