Sunday, February 20, 2011

Pic of the Week/Doughnut Day

This is my PIC of the WEEK...how can you go WRONG with CHOCOLATE and FLOWERS?


This week I had my second meeting of the "CUISINE QUEENS" the theme was "CHOCOHOLICS". There were lots of GOOD recipes and we had a GREAT time. I made my CALZONE pie...but opted to make INDIVIDUAL calzones so they were easier to eat. I also made the crust with refrigerator PIZZA dough instead of the frozen BREAD dough. I liked it a lot BETTER...not so bready. After MAKING the recipe TWICE trying to perfect it I still CHANGED it up at the last minute. But I gotta say it was the BEST try yet! I think everyone LIKED it. It was a BREAK from all the SWEET stuff we ate that night...and there were NONE left at the end of the evening! I will post the RECIPES on my cooking blog. Not sure when I'll get to it, but check it out. LINK is on the right side of this page.

JERRY had to WORK on Saturday so I thought it would be a GREAT day to re-instate DOUGHNUT DAY with the GRANDKIDS. They were so EXCITED... although they did not get the concept of CUTTTING the dougnuts in HALF so everyone gets a TASTE of all the different ONES. We'll have to WORK on that.

...and they're off!

KAITLIN and BROCK racing to see who can EAT the MOST in the shortest amount of timeLUCIE enjoying her very 1rst doughnut day!
What would DOUGHNUTday be without CHOCOLATE Milk? COVEY enjoying his 1rst DOUGNUT DAY...double fisted!

The REMAINS of the DAY

3 comments:

  1. Now you have to take Thomas with you and teach him to do tricks like Browsie would for a piece of donut.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Visits from Grandma are the BEST. Thanks again, Mom!

    ReplyDelete