Monday, February 14, 2011

Pic of the Week/Valentine Preparations

I chose this as my pic of the week because it reminded me of the line in the STAR SPANGLED BANNER, that says..."What so PROUDLY we hailed, at TWILIGHTS last gleaming"

I was BUSY this weekend helping NICKY get ready for VALENTINES day at school...we started off by making her a Valentines "IBOX". I think it turned out PRETTY cool (maybe not as cool as MITCHELL's Wall-e box) but NICKY was very HAPPY with it.

After making her VALENTINES box, it was off to buy VALENTINES and TREATS for her classmates and then on to the mall to SHOP for a DRESS for the big 6th grade DANCE at school. She has been so EXCITED about this DANCE and has been talking about it since before CHRISTMAS. NICKY likes to SHOP like her dad...in and out!!! If it were up to me, we would hit every STORE in the MALL. But luckily she was able to find a DRESS in the first store we went to. She looked DARLING in it and was very EXCITED. Of course we had to buy SHOES to match and a CUTE headband for her HAIR. I was HOPING she would let me FIX her HAIR...but she was HAPPY with just the HEADBAND.

It's been a LONG time since I had to take a 12 year old girl SHOPPING...I think I've GROWN a little more PATIENT in my old age...sorry KATIE and JULIA!

side note: the valentine IBOX won first place!



2 comments:

  1. First Place! Yi-yeah! It's nice when your hard work gets appreciated with someone saying 'yours is the very best'. Dress, shoes and headband ARE darling. That also deserves first place if it were up to me. Soooo... did she dance with any boooooys?

    ReplyDelete