Sunday, February 6, 2011

Pic of the Week/Bread gone Bad and other Cooking Catastophes

I thought last week was BORING...seriously, I DID absolutely NOTHING this past week. My DAYS consisted of...WORK, home, dinner, PICTURES, a little TV, sleep...REPEAT x 5. I MIXED it up a little on the WEEKEND by not going to work but I THREW in a little HOUSE WORK and LAUNDRY...good times!

My PICTURE of the WEEK is one I took while taking my 365...I didn't make it my picture of the day but I really like the REFLECTION on the granite...and think it looks pretty COOL, so it makes my PICTURE of the WEEK...it was BETWEEN this and the SHOES (which I thought turned out really nice), OH and the COLORED pencils...kind of LIKED that one too...but DECIDED to throw one in that I hadn't POSTED.

I was TRYING out a new RECIPE for my cooking club...this month's theme is "CHOCOHOLICS" ... and I wanted to try something other than desserts (thinking outside the box). I found a RECIPE for "CALZONE PIE". I had an extra LOAF of frozen BREAD dough and thought I would COOK it up for JERRY since he LOVES bread. I put it out to RAISE (3:30 pm) and totally FORGOT about it. I WOKE up around 1:30 am and REMEMBERED I had left it out...ha ha... it was HUGE! I thought what the heck I'll go ahead and BAKE it. After about 20 minutes I LOOKED in the oven and it reminded me of that I love LUCY episode where she BAKED the BREAD and it was GINORMOUS! Anyway, this is what it LOOKED like..pretty SAD.
And of course after SITTING out for awhile it DEFLATED.

This is the CALZONE PIE...I decided to THAW the bread DOUGH using the "QUICK" method by heating the oven to 200 and adding a PAN of boiling WATER. Well, it was just suppose to THAW not RAISE, so I could work with it...again FORGOT about it and it started to RAISE and get WARM. So I had a really HARD time working with it. I tried to make CUTE little HEARTS to put on top. It DIDN'T turn out so PRETTY. I also didn't have a PIE tin, so I had to use one of those CHEESY aluminum ones. Although it doesn't LOOK all that GREAT, it really was GOOD. So, I think I'll just have to tweak this recipe a bit, buy me a nice BAKING dish, and it just might be OKAY for the CLUB.

Watch for my BLOG (I know...I'm a little blog happy) about my COOKING CLUB "The Cuisine Queens". I'll be POSTING the winning RECIPES...along with PICTURES of course..and a FEW cooking TIPS we find along the way.

thecuisinequeens.blogspot.com

2 comments:

  1. Oh, Mom. I could say you're turning into a crazy old woman if it didn't sound exactly like something I would do. (twice in a row forgetting about your dough)Pretty funny. Glad your calzone pie turned out good. I thought it looked pretty.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yeah bring some of this cooking ambition with you when you come to Texas!

    ReplyDelete