I've been in a real SLUMP lately as far as PICTURES are concerned. However, I kind of LIKE the way this one turned out. This is a BLOOM from my pussy willow TREE... I LOVE this tree but the BLOOMS don't last long enough!
PIC of the WEEK

I had to go to MARYLAND for work... NOT my FAVORITE PLACE to go... just sayin'. This was a BUILDING right next to the building where my MEETINGS were held. This PICTURE does not look as BLEAK as it looked in person. It REMINDED me of something you would see back in the day in RUSSIA. All the buildings had RAZOR wire around them...
CRAZY!!!

I don't know why I take my GOOD camera with me when I TRAVEL for work... I always have HIGH HOPES of having time to take some PICTURES. But I NEVER do! The day I was to go back HOME my plane wasn't leaving until 6:00 pm. I was EXCITED and planned on checking out EARLY so I could get out and take some PICTURES. But as you can see it RAINED... ALL DAY!!!

SPEAKING of taking my CAMERA with me... I had quite the SCARE at the AIRPORT. Since it was RAINING I decided to just head to the AIRPORT early and hang out there.
Well, after the rental car bus DROPPED me off I went in and set all my STUFF down before CHECKING in so I could gather EVERYTHING I needed. After I got all ORGANIZED and started to head to the check out COUNTER, I noticed my CAMERA bag was MISSING (and of course I had my GOOD lenses and SPEEDLIGHT in the bag) I PANICKED...
it was much like when you're in a CROWDED area and you turn around and your CHILD isn't right next to you. (I'm not COMPARING my camera to a CHILD... but it is my BABY... anyway you get the idea) I RAN out not knowing quite what to do... so I FLAGGED down the next rental car BUS and told him I THOUGHT I had left my PACK on the bus (I really wasn't sure). He asked what the BUS number was.... who NOTICES that? I told him I DIDN'T know the NUMBER but thought it was the BUS just a head of him, but wasn't sure. Anyway, to make a LONG story SHORT, he got on with dispatch and TALKED to the bus DRIVER. He told me the bus DRIVER would check when he STOPPED and to WAIT there for him.
I'm THINKING to myself what are the ODDS that if I DID leave it on the BUS someone didn't PICK it up and TAKE off with it... I was just SICK... Well, after about 1/2 hour here comes BUS#122 and SITTING up front with the driver was my CAMERA bag!
HALLELUJAH...
my FAITH in humanity was RESTORED!!!
CATASTROPHE AVERTED.

The MORNING after I got HOME, I attempted to take pictures for COVEY's birthday PHOTO shoot. I say ATTMPTED because as you can SEE he had a lot of ENERGY. He must have ran UP and DOWN that bridge 50 times! ONE of my MAIN problems is that my NEW prime lenses (that I LOVE... LOVE... LOVE) do not AUTO FOCUS with my CAMERA body.
I have to MANUAL focus, which is not condusive to an ACTIVE two year old!!!
Just as I would get it in FOCUS... he was off.
I have concluded I need a NEW camera... but that isn't going to HAPPEN for awhile... not until I can start MAKING MONEY from my photos. So I'm in a CATCH 22... I need the a NEW camera to use my PRIME lenses which take far BETTER photos than my KIT lenses... but can't get the camera until I make some money from photos.
ENOUGH whining!
We decided to take COVEY somewhere INDOORS where he couldn't RUN so much. So we took him to the Salt Lake LIBRARY. What a BEAUTIFUL building. It has a GLASS roof so it lets in GREAT LIGHT, I wasn't able to get many SHOTS of him though... so we GAVE IT UP and went to LUNCH. I must say though, that COVEY was so darned CUTE that day with me... I think he's STARTING to figure out that GRANDMA's are ALL RIGHT!


After COVEY's failed PHOTO shoot I headed home to bake CUPCAKES for NICKY's BIRTHDAY.

NICKY turned 12... ALMOST a dreaded TEENAGER!
She is such a SWEET kid I can't imagine her being a problem... but something HAPPENS when GIRLS turn 14!!!


This is my SECOND attempt at pictures with COVEY... using my KIT lens this time... not much BETTER. He found this GOLF ball and that was it.
His PANTS were a LITTLE too BIG
I had my COOKING club and this month's theme was "LUCK O' THE IRISH". After searching for RECIPES I've determined the IRISH are a MEAT and POTATOS kind of people... with some CABBAGE thrown in. I made this POTATO and LEEK bake. It was actually pretty good. Did I win? You will have to wait until the RESULTS are ANNOUNCED next month on my COOKING BLOG!

As some of you know I was STEWING about what COLOR of carpet to put in our back BEDROOM... should I put BROWN or OLIVE. Well... I did NEITHER. As you can see, I went with a LITTLE BROWN and a LITTLE GREEN with a whole lot of BEIGE mixed in. It actually looks really GOOD with the paint color.
This is the latest ADDITION to my KITCHEN. I found this PICTURE and thought it would look PERFECT above my CUPBOARDS... of course I had to BUY a few ACCESSORIES to go with it. I think I LIKE it... what do YOU think?
Oooo such loverly pictures! Especially of my AMAZING son. And I'll vehemently admit to loving your new carpet and rooster pic and accessories. You always make very good shopping choices. We love you. Thanks for trying so hard to get pics of the CovMan.
ReplyDeleteAll very cute--Covey, carpet, roosters. In that order!
ReplyDeletep.s. Maybe if weather is good you could try to get some of Kaitlin and Covey pre-baptism.
ReplyDelete