Tuesday, December 14, 2010

Pic of the Week/Lovin' Me Some Santa

Katie wanted me to take some family photos for her Chirstmas cards. So on sunday we met at her in-laws and tried to take a few good shots. I say tried because it didn't go so well. The kids were cold and they know Grandma Ellis has treats...so keeping them outside to take pictures was not what they wanted to do. It was a little crazy...I've learned that when you are shooting a family with a lot of little kids you just have to work fast and furious and hope you have one that turns out. I wasn't real happy with the family pics but I was able to get a really cute one of Kaitlin and Ella. Ella was actually smiling normal, instead of her Elvis impersonation... so this is my pic of the week.

On Saturday I had my first "unpaid" gig. I was asked to take pictures for Riverdale city of Santa with all the little kids. I wasn't asked because I am any good. I was asked because a friend on the city council knew I had a camera and I like to take pictures. So I thought it would be good experience. Well, Im not sure if it was good experience since I basically set my camera on auto and snapped pictures. I didn't want to have to figure out the whole lighting thing...but it was fun! The Santa was fantastic! Real beard...and great with the kids.I think he was the real deal! I just couldn't get him to look my way when taking the pictures...

This little girl was so cute...she just cuddled right up on Santa's lap and closed her eyes like she was in heaven...this was my ruuner up for pic of the week. Of course I have to include pictures of the grandkids with Santa! A few more that I took of the kids on Sunday...as you can see we moved inside...and Lucy found the treats!

Have a great weekend!!!




3 comments:

  1. Wow! So much to say... My first comment HAS to be how much I LOVE Lucy in those pig-tails!!! So cute I can hardly stand it. And Kaitlin looks so grown up with her curled hair and silk shirt! So pretty! You did a great job on all those pics, mom. I love them.

    ReplyDelete
  2. So, I just realized I spelled Lucie's name wrong...don' hate me Katie :-D

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yes the pictures are as cute as Lucie with a Y is annoying from her Grandma AND Aunt.

    ReplyDelete