Monday, December 27, 2010

Pic of the Week/Lazy Sunday

This is my pic of the week...I really like the bokeh and I think Santa turned out fairly sharp
Sunday it snowed all day and I was crashing hard from my sugar overdose during Christmas weekend, so I basically sat around in my P.J.s all day. In between naps and snacking...yes there were still cookies left in my house I just couldn't bring myself to throw away...I decided to break out my new lens I got for Christmas and check it out. It does not have auto focus so my main goal was to practice the whole manual focus thing...a little tricky...I need to work on it a lot more. So with camera in hand I proceeded to wander around the house. I started off with the dog...he was not amused and would not cooperate. He was only interested in the treats I had to offer and soon grew weary of my attempts to get him to SMILE... Anyway here are some of the shots I came up with.
Thomas was not amused...notice how he refuses to look at me.
This is the lamp post outside my house...I don't know why, but I really like taking pictures of this. I love the way it looks in black and white. I had to take this from my front porch, it was way too cold to venture any further...plus I was in my p.j.s and slippers!
I like the way this one turned out...the lamp post a little blurry with the snow being the focus.

I don't know why I like this one...but I do.

Jerry felt sorry for me so he said I could take pictures of him if he didn't have to do anything...this is his idea of modeling for me.

I saw this in a tree across the street...again from my front porch. I thought it was funny. At first I thought it was a balloon, but I think it's an ornament. Either way, the reflection on it looks like a happy face. It made me smile...and the branches look like it's holding it up.


This is me chillaxin' in my new slippers, feet up, enjoying the last few days of my Christmas tree!
Check out my 365 project coming in 2011.

Have a great week!!!

1 comment:

  1. Wow those are good! I LOVE the Santa train one! What is bokeh? Is that all the light circles? I don't know how you do it, but it's awesome. That ornament in the tree is crazy! Your camera can zoom in that far? Nutso. Awesome job. I LOVE seeing your pictures. It's way fun.

    ReplyDelete