This is my pic of the week...not the best picture, but it is one of my favorites. Once Brock saw that drumstick he just had to have it (side note...his dad had to finish eating the drumstick) He also dubbed himself "King of Thanksgiving"!
Wow...what a busy couple of weeks. The week before Thanksgiving I went to Scranton PA for a work conference, when I got home Jerry had all my Christmas boxes stacked up in the family room. So, I got right to work decorating for the holidays (it takes me a good week to get it all together) Then it was breaking of the bread with all the girls on Wednesday - a great family tradition. Thanksgiving on Thursday at my sister Cristie's house, with everyone in attendance, except for Nick and his family - but I hear they had a great time with Stacey's family who visited them in Texas. Movie with Kaitlin, Brock and Ella on Friday and Christmas parade on Saturday, with homemade soup and scones at my house afterward.So what to do today?
REST!!!
BREAKING OF THE BREAD
Ella's first year at "breaking of the bread"
Believe it or not...this was some of the best stuffing we've made...although every year it is absolutely YUMMY!
THANKSGIVING
Passing time waiting for the turkey to get done...I remember when we used to sit around and talk to each other!
Kaitlin is not happy to be relegated to the "kids table"

Cristie's homemade pies

The turkey wasn't the only thing that was stuffed!

The newest addition "Greyson Johnstun"

Travis Kester, Erin Ellis, Greyson Johnstun

Newlyweds...Hailee & Jake Johnson
SCRANTON
Scraton is a cute town with some great architecture...home of the first electric street car - November 30, 1886 and thus is dubbed the Electric City...and if you watch the office you know there "ain't no party like a Scraton party!" It is the 7th most populated city in Pennsylvania. (Just a bit of trivia). I got out of meeting early one day a took a walk around the city. I spent most of my time behind the mall where the train station is. They have a trolley museum and a roundhouse where all the trains are stored and maintained.

SCRANTON
Scraton is a cute town with some great architecture...home of the first electric street car - November 30, 1886 and thus is dubbed the Electric City...and if you watch the office you know there "ain't no party like a Scraton party!" It is the 7th most populated city in Pennsylvania. (Just a bit of trivia). I got out of meeting early one day a took a walk around the city. I spent most of my time behind the mall where the train station is. They have a trolley museum and a roundhouse where all the trains are stored and maintained.
Here is a pictorial of my walk around Scraton.




















I hope you all had a wonderful Thanksgiving...now let the Christmas festivities begin!!!
Great pics, as always! I love Greyson's face in the pic with Travis.
ReplyDeleteGood post.
ReplyDeleteCute Pictures, you guys are always so much fun. Those girls got nothing on me, the day before thanksgiving my dad asked what the rest of them were going to eat fro Thanksgiving, because obviously I had eaten the whole thing already! Scranton looks like a fun place...perfect for taking some great pictures! They all look awesome!
ReplyDelete