Five months ago my sweet grand-daughter FAYE was diagnosed with AML and has spent those months in the Texas Children's Hospital... Today I am happy to report that she is HOME! This little girl is my HERO... she has endured so much and through it all has kept her fighting spirit. She has touched so many lives on her road to recovery and we shall NEVER be the SAME. This post is dedicated to her - WELCOME HOME Faye!!!
This was the first time I saw Faye since being diagnosed... she still has hair and looks absolutely adorable with it cut short!
Spending time with her big brother - Mitchell- whom she adores. He is so good to her and I am so PROUD of him!
A few days later we decided to try and do family pictures... in just a few short days Faye has lost all of her hair... but still looks beautiful!
Before we could start pictures she had to feed baby Nixon a bottle.
Our attempt at family pictures...
Afterwards the kids took a cruise around the hospital halls in the wagon
While I was visiting, Faye got to go home for a few days after round 1 of chemo...
she is so excited to be leaving her room and going home
she is so excited to be leaving her room and going home
She got right into doing important things... like playing Nintendo..keeping the house clean... and making sure Nixon was happy!
While she was home we tried more family pictures ...
Before we knew it, it was time for her to go back to the hospital and start round 2.
I arrived back in Texas the end of June and Faye was just finishing up with her second round of chemo and again was able to come home for a few days, shortly after I arrived.
Of course that meant lots of activities before she has to go back to the hospital.
Visits from Utah realatives (Faye's great aunt Kim & family)
Baby blessing...
Nixon was blessed at home so Faye could be there
Playing dress up
Making home made pizza
Baking cupcakes
Although a little nervous at first Nick got really good at flushing the pic line
All too soon it was time to go back to the hospital to start round 3. During this round she became very red and swollen and looked a little like a prize fighter... but of course still adorable Faye.
4th of July in the hospital
...and before you know it Faye turns 4
I had to leave for home the day after Faye's birthday. I was planning another trip back to Texas in October, but thank goodness I am not needed. I am so happy Faye is home...
let's pray she won't be spending any more holidays or birthdays in the hospital!
let's pray she won't be spending any more holidays or birthdays in the hospital!
WELCOME HOME FAYE
I LOVE YOU!!!


























Cute post. Love it. And LOVE your new background and header! Totally jealous.
ReplyDeleteVery very good! Me likey!
ReplyDelete